What Does Routine Car Maintenance Include?
There’s more to routine car maintenance than oil change deals, and you need to make sure you’re getting routine checks done in order to continue driving your Ford vehicle safely.
For Ford models, you can choose to have routine car maintenance with coverage plans for the 3000, 5000, 7500, as well as 10,000-mile intervals, with multi-point inspections being conducted for several parts of your Ford vehicle.
In general, a multi-point inspection is carried out as part of routine car maintenance, which includes:
• Oil change deals pertaining to engine oil level as well as an oil filter condition.
• Confirming that engine coolant levels are optimum, supplementing transmission fluid as well as power steering fluid if needed.
• Tire rotation and examinations of tire depth to ensure they have the right pressure level for driving.
• Inspection of wheel ends, wheel bearings, alignment, drive belts, balancing, as well as suspension.
• Inspection of brake fluid, brake pads, rotors, brake lines, parking brake system, as well as all associated pipes to make sure you have better safety when you’re driving.
• Inspection of critical elements like the motor, starter, and alternator, and checking up on battery and car wiring and dealing with any wear and tear that may have resulted from use.
• Replacement of fuel and engine air filters.
• Inspection and lubrication of steering linkage, suspension, ball joints, as well as half shafts, u-joints, and driveshafts if the vehicle is equipped with them.
• Checking multiple engine components such as:
- Suspension linkages
- Shock absorbers
- Coolant hoses
- Spark plugs
- Ball joints
- Auxiliary drive belt
• Inspection and servicing of lights (interior/exterior/turn signals/hazard/brake lights), front/rear windscreens for cracks, windscreen washer spray, wiper functioning, as well as wiper blades.
• Checking horn functioning.
• Checking lines for a radiator, air conditioning, and heater for wear and tear.
• Checking and topping up the levels of the following fluids:
- Transmission fluid
- Brake fluid
- Power steering fluid
- Reservoir for coolant recovery
- Window washer fluid
- Diesel exhaust fluid